When I hear from older diabetics how disorienting a low can feel, how bad it can make you feel for hours afterwards, and how a high is equally uncomfortable, knowing that she, this poor little toddler, is having to go through breaks my heart.
Every parenting book I've ever read talks about how consistency is the best gift you can give your child for helping her feel secure, safe, and taken care of. How much consistency am I providing when I see a 240 mml/dl reading and four hours later she's 50?
I just want the best for her, and some days it feels like I'm failing at providing even a standard baseline for her to operate on.
UPDATE: At our endo appointment, we find her A1C has gone down. I've been told not to put too much faith in this number, but at least it's something that is moving in the right direction. Mia, we love you so much and will do ANYTHING to help you through this. Stay strong little girl.
No comments:
Post a Comment